Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spicy Turkey Chili - Mrs. Dash w/Avocado

I recently started this new beach body program called 21 Day Fix. I feel really proud that I have been keeping up with the program. The program is basically portion control combined with an every day 30 minute work out. For most days, I have eating healthy and well portioned meals. I must say that it feels amazing to feel content after a meal instead of stuffed. I feel that eating clean is something that is difficult for everyone since we are so used to all the fried foods, carbs, and fast food. I feel that we have too much good food around us and most times we don't know when to stop. It is especially difficult when the portion sizes at restaurants are way more than you can even eat. All we want to do is keep eating our meals until we finish though.

Since I started the 21 Day Fix Challenge, I also joined a support group on Facebook. We basically motivate one another as well as update our progress. In that motivational group, we also share the foods we eat and what workout we did that day. We talk about our lows and our highs. I feel that I have tried more at keeping up with the workouts and healthier eating habits since I participated more in the group on Facebook. Anyways, someone in that support group posted a chili recipe. So I went online and searched for a Mrs. Dash seasoning packets for chili. Lucky for me, that seasoning packet actually existed. The hard part was looking for the seasoning packets. I went to a couple different places but only one store had it, Smiths. I don't normally shop there but I will take what I can get!


Recipe adapted from Mrs. Dash seasoning packets

Ingredients:
~1lb ground turkey
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) black beans, undrained
1 green bell pepper
Red onions - amount desired
Tabasco sauce (amount desired/optional)
Crushed red peppers (amount desired/optional)

Directions:
Chop the green bell peppers and onions. Cook the turkey until it is browned (I used a pot so that I don't have to transfer the meat after). When the turkey is finished cooking, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, bell peppers, onions, Tabasco sauce and crushed red peppers. Bring to boil then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve with extra Tabasco sauce if desired (I love the heat it gives). You can also serve with brown rice and avocados or add a couple pieces of blue corn tortilla chips. Yumm!

21 Day Fix containers:
Turkey Chili - 1 Red, 1 Yellow
Turkey Chili, Brown Rice, Avocados - 1 Red, 2 Yellow, 1 Blue
Turkey Chili, Tortilla Chips - 1 Red, 1 Yellow


No comments:

Post a Comment