Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich


On Christmas Eve, I had a fun filled game night with my family. Well, they were playing games. I got sick a little before the holidays so I slept on the floor next to their Settlers of Catan game. Hahaha. I was trying to sleep but instead just dose in and out of sleep. They were so excited about the game. My family is so competitive so there was A LOT of yelling going on - mainly because of excitment. They actually just ended up playing one around of Settlers of Catan. I have the expansion set so seven people were able to play. When there is more people playing, the game is more challenging and last longer. Everyone ended up being tired from the first game so we just called it a night. I think that game took about two hours to play! I know.. pretty long right?! Haha. Well, before my family and our boyfriends started playing games, we had a food feast! I made guacamole and Turkey Basil Marinara with Brown Rice Spaghetti (I will post the recipe later on). My boyfriend made Salmon Ceviche which was delicious!! After that, we had desserts.

Photo credit to Tiffany Tay.
Tiffany Tay is a Las Vegas night/day club promoter @  The Light Night Club - Las Vegas. If you ever need to get on a guest list for any Las Vegas night/day club, please contact her via text @ (702) 513-1749 or message her on facebook.

We had chocolate chip cookies (recipe here) with Haagen Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream!! Delicious!!! We went out and got ice cream at the store. I just wanted to share a picture of our delicious dessert!! For the ice cream sandwich, I used the same size cookie scooper as the one I used for the cookie to scoop the ice cream, so it fit perfectly. Scoop the ice cream and place it on one side of the cookie. Place the other half of the cookie on top and press down lightly. Voila, you have a perfect chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich!! :D

*** Note: Be sure to leave your ice cream out a little so it can soften.

Before we headed off to game night, I had hot pot with our family and friends. It was super fun. We decided to have Christmas Eve lunch instead of dinner. We ate a lot of food during hot pot. There were so many people, we needed three stoves to food everyone. We opened gifts during the day and it was a blast! I love seeing the reaction on my family's face when they open the gifts I give them. I always buy my gifts way ahead of time and put a lot of thought into it. I must say that it was a fun filled Christmas. I am excited for more family fun to come :)

Anyways.. Merry Christmas Everyone!!! <3
There was actually more gifts than this!! So much fun!! :)






My favorite kid in the world! I didn't get to play with him since I am sick. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment