Sunday, December 29, 2013

Greek Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes - High Protein

It's kinda weird, but I LOVE to eat breakfast foods at night or just whenever. I guess it's mainly cause I usually experiment with new recipes during the evening or I get too excited to wait until the next day to make my breakfast. Haha.. either way.. breakfast food is awesome! I have been looking forward to trying to recipe for about two months now. I just never got the chance to make them since the holidays came up and I was busy with school. I decided to add whole wheat flour into the batter since I'm making the pancakes for my boyfriend as well. I would say that he isn't a big fan of Greek yogurt so hopefully he doesn't notice a WHOLE CUP of Greek yogurt in his pancakes. I would say that this is a successful recipe if he doesn't notice. Hahaha.

The picture looks like all my other pancake recipe but I promise it is not the same :)


Recipe adapted from This Mama Cooks.

Yields: ~ 3-4 servings - 2-3 pancakes per person

Ingredients:
1 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup whole wheat flour - optional, eliminate for healthier alternative
6 egg whites
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp agave nectar (or other sweeteners)
1/2 tsp baking powder

Blend the instant oatmeal until grounded. Combine all ingredients and mix together using a whisk or you just blend all the ingredients together.

Heat the pan on high then reduce the heat to low. Coat the pan with oil. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour the pancake batter onto the pan. Flip the pancakes once the batter starts to bubble.

**Note: The pancakes have a tangy taste because of the Greek yogurt. Add agave nectar or maple syrup and fruits to balance out the tangy taste.



Nutrition facts do not include fruits or syrup used to top the pancakes.

Source: Calorie Count

No comments:

Post a Comment