Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Grab n Go Breakfast Egg Muffins

Ever since I found this recipe, I have been dying to try it!! I made a little changes to the original recipe by adding chicken and using spinach. This is basically like an omelette but in muffin form!! I made this in the even for mornings when I don't have time to eat breakfast. I couldn't help it... I had to try the recipe right away! Feel free to add your own ingredients like I did and for other ideas visit blogilates. Her website has a ton of work out videos, recipes and even clothes!!! I am truly inspired by her :)


Below are all the ingredients I used for my egg muffins. 

Recipe adapted from blogilates.


1/2 red bell pepper
1 1/2 roma tomatoes
Handful of spinach
1/4 chicken breast, diced
3 whole eggs + 2 cups of egg whites

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. 

Dice up all the vegetables and chop up the spinach. Also dice the chicken into small pieces. Mix the egg whites and whole eggs together. 

Line muffin tin with liners and spray oil using pam or misto - be sure to put oil or the egg will stick to the liner. Place 1 tablespoon of egg mixture into the liner then add vegetables and chicken. After, add about 4 tablespoon of egg mixture into the liners; total of 5 tablespoons of egg mixture per liner. 


Bake for about 20-30 minutes. The egg muffins should be firm on top when ready.


You can take your muffin on the go or eat with sriracha, ketchup, or even salsa! I ate mine with Trader Joe's sriracha and it was AH-MAZING!!



The nutritional facts for 1 muffin is about 45 calories. 
All 12 muffins: ~512 calories. 



Source: Calorie Count

No comments:

Post a Comment