Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chocolate Shakeology Protein Pancakes

Ever since I wrote the blog about the fluffy oatmeal pancakes, I've been craving pancakes!!! First I talk about the crazy craving I got for pancakes then I get another craving. Haha. Crazy right? So yes! I decided to make pancakes. Instead of the fluffy oatmeal pancakes, I decided to make a healthier alternative. I have been doing the Focus T25 program so I didn't want to ruin my workout!


Recipe adapted from getfitjess.

Yields: ~6 pancakes

Place all the ingredients into a blender and combine.

1 banana
1/2 instant oatmeal
4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white
1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology

This is how the batter looks after all the ingredients are combined.


Drizzle olive oil on the pan and heat to medium-low. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter then place the mixture into the pan. Once the pancakes bubble, flip them. Cook the pancakes on the pan for another minute then remove.




I topped the pancakes with strawberries and bananas then drizzled them with agave nectar. You can choose any toppings you like. Enjoy! :)

2-3 slices of strawberries
1/2 banana sliced
Drizzles of agave nectar



1 serving size is about 2-3 pancakes (not including strawberries, banana, and agave nectar)!

Source: Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment