Monday, November 11, 2013

Quick & Healthy Banana Oatmeal

I'm always looking for an easy and healthy breakfast in the morning especially if I wake up early. My go to healthy breakfast is instant oatmeal. I saw this recipe idea on an instagram post but modified the ingredients to how I like it. 

This is a quick, tasty and healthy breakfast! Those three combinations make the perfect breakfast in my opinion. What can beat that?!



Yields: 1 serving

Mash 1/2 of a banana into a medium/large bowl. Add instant oatmeal and combined with banana. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk (more or less depending on the consistency you like).

1 medium ripe banana
1/3 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup unsweentened almond milk


Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Slice the other half of the banana into the oatmeal. You can add other toppings that you might like as well.

1/2 tbsp peanut butter - optional

I added sliced bananas and peanut butter into my oatmeal :)


1 serving of oatmeal including banana, unsweetened almond milk, and 1 tsp peanut butter.

Source: Calorie Counter

1 comment: