Monday, November 11, 2013

Fluffy Oatmeal Pancakes

I always have these crazy cravings for pancakes and it always happens during odd hours of the night. I guess the cravings shouldn't really be a problem since there are some places open late at night. I feel that there's never the right places open in the middle of the night and even so.. who wants to pay $10 for pancakes? There's one location with amazing pancakes but again... it's always pricey to eat out. The place is called Baby Stacks in case anyone wants to check it out. They have all types of pancakes. Bacon pancakes, red velvet pancakes, banana cream pie pancakes, and they always come out with specials.

I went on a search for a pancake recipe. The reason is 1. I love trying new recipes and 2. I can have pancakes whenever I want. I came across a recipe for matcha pancakes and they seemed perfect. It was amazing. The pancakes were fluffy and delicious but there was still something missing. I guess the problem was that I did not know how to even cook pancakes. There's always a first time for everything. I also wanted to eat pancakes with some type of grain in it. I made a few changes to the recipe that I found and also manged to master how to make the perfect pancakes. They were fluffy and for once I did not burn them. Score!!! :)


Recipe adapted from Diane, A Broad.

Yields: 6 pancakes

Place the egg, milk, olive oil, sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl and whisk to combine.

1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place instant oatmeal into a blender. Blend until the oatmeal is grounded. Place oatmeal, flour, baking soda and salt into the mixture. Combine mixture with a whisk.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
a pinch salt

Heat a skillet on high and wait for the pan to warm up then turn the heat to medium-low to cook the pancakes. Drizzle some olive oil onto the skillet and spread it around the pan. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter and place the mixture onto the pan. Wait until the edges of the pancakes pop up and the surface of the pancake bubbles; flip the pancake and cook the other side.


Place the pancakes on a plate and serve with sliced bananas and strawberries then drizzle with agave nectar.

2-3 sliced strawberries
Sliced bananas
Drizzles of agave nectar - amber

No comments:

Post a Comment