Saturday, November 9, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Butter White Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies

Hi everyone!!

Welcome to my first blog post EVER. I hope you enjoy the recipes that I have adapted from other websites. I will also be posting some of my simple healthy recipes later on.

Over the past two years, I have looked at hundreds of blogs. I always wanted to create my own but I have a difficult time writing down my thoughts. I still thought it was a good idea anyways to create a blog to share the little changes I make in the recipes I find.

Baking helps me relieve stress but at the same time, it gives me stress. Isn't that a little ironic? I love to bake. I enjoy the happiness my baking brings to my family. At the same time though, I am always stress about my baking because I want my family to enjoy my baking. I guess I just need to learn that I can't impress everyone and just love what I do.

I shop at Trader Joe's every week and sometimes I end up going there at least three days. I know it's a little ridiculous but I always end up forgetting something or thinking of something new I want to make. I also hear people talk about cookie butter all the time. One day while I was at check out, I saw a jar of cookie butter. I decided it was time to try it. When I got home though, I looked at the ingredients and realized that cookie butter was extremely UNHEALTHY. I couldn't get myself to eat cookie butter alone. I hopped onto Pinterest and found a recipe that incorporated cookie butter. I could spend HOURS on Pinterest looking at recipes that I probably never end up making. I enjoy it anyways.



Recipe adapted from The Cookin' Chemist.

Yields: about 46 cookies w/sliced almonds, 49 cookies w/o sliced almonds (when use 1 tablespoon cookie scooper)

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.

Combined the following ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.

3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt (a little more than a pinch)

In a stand mixer bowl, slice the stick of butter into small pieces. Combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (the mixture should look like the image below).


Add the egg and vanilla; mix until well incorporated. Add the cookie butter; mix until combined. Add the flour mixture (This is when the mixture starts to smell AMAZING).

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - at room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar - packed

1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cookie Butter from Trader Joe's


Add the ingredients below using a rubber spatula. You mix the oats in the stand mixer to make it easier.  

1.5 cups of old-fashion instant oats
1 cup of white chocolate chips - you may also use milk chocolate chips instead
1/2 cup of sliced almonds - optional

The mixture should look like the image below when all ingredients are combined. The batch of cookies below do not contain sliced almonds. 



After all the ingredients are mixed together, use a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper to form the cookie dough. I find that using a cookie scooper is way easier to form the dough and it keeps your hands clean. :) Place the each scoop on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mats. I usually place 12 scoops of cookies per baking sheet and use two baking sheets to alternate.  





Bake the cookies for  8-10 minutes depending on your oven. I find that my cookies bake best in 9 minutes. Using a spatula, move the cookies onto a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool and enjoy :) 




Note: Keep the cookies in an airtight tupperware to ensure freshness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment